Saturday, April 7, 2012

There's Nothing That A Hundred Men Or More Couldn't Do: "Africa" is Why We Are The World

So I don't think I have synesthesia, fascinated as I am by the concept.

But I DO think I have some sort of text-only form of it
by way of what I can only describe as compulsive metaphor-izing,
an affliction from which I have been suffering
for what I can only describe as my entire life.

*

So all I can say is

if THIS SONG were to be an experience

I think it would be a head massage at the Aveda beauty school.

Sure, it feels a little cheap and

it kind of smells too much like trees but

it's just so SOOTHING.

So I bless the earnest world-music trend of eighties pop for taking us there.


The song: Toto, "Africa"; 1982

Here's to the smell of sapmoss!

(whatever THAT is)

Yrs,
AW