Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Then I Won't Have To Be Playing Around: Quick Hits

Hit the first:

The Federal Trade Commission has strict rules for bloggers about disclosure and all that, so I must admit I've been remiss in that regard.

In Bed With Amy Wilson is brought to you with generous support from Amy Wilson's mom. In the form of an iTunes gift card and also, a pre-loved iPod that has become practically my closest friend.

In all cereal, I mention this not because the FTC cares (I am 100% sure they don't and that this doesn't actually count as a "sponsorship") but because TODAY, May 9, is Amy Wilson's mom's birthday. (Her actual name is Ronnie.)

Amy Wilson's mom is a wonderful lady who passed down to me many wonderful things, including the ability to tan easily, an affection for coffee-flavored anything, and a disposition toward 1960s folk music.

(And who would I be without those things??)

I love you Mom! Happy birthday!

*

Hit the second:

I played many songs last night on Turn It Up With Amy Wilson, most of them new to me! Although these had the racy zip of novelty, the one that has stuck with me through into today is a song I've known for a long time and never really appreciated until last night.


The song: Stevie Wonder, "If You Really Love Me"; 1971

Those tempo changes and his voice, man, they are getting me where I live today. Also, I don't know that I usually would turn to Stevie Wonder for life advice (but why not, now that I think about it), but I think this is almost certainly better life advice than in 95% of the love songs out there.

(Warning: this will probably get stuck in your head, in fact almost certainly, but it's not a bad day for that to happen.)

Yrs,
AW